During the Covid-19 pandemic we ask patients to please use the POD service to order their medication. (details below)
The POD Service is very busy at the moment. Please be patient with the call handlers.
We ask that you only order what you need. There is NO problem with supply but if people try to stock pile medication there soon could be.
People have been trying to order inhalers and paracetamol where there is no clinical need for them.
You will be refused medicine that is not on your repeat list and that you are asymptomatic for.
Please do not try. It ties up telephone lines and wastes valuable time
We ask that you try to avoid coming to the surgery unless absolutely necessary
There will be a new method of dispensing medication coming at the end of June.
It is called ODS - Off site dispensing system - medication will be picked and packaged by a new robotic system.
Repeat medication will be sent to the robot facility where they will be chosen, packed and ready for pick-up 7 days after request.
With this in mind, please allow 7 working days for your medication to be dispensed. The staff and Doctors are aware that you will be requesting earlier than has been allowed before.
Please note that the ODS system will only be activated with your consent, you are still able to take your prescription to the pharmacist for them to make up in house.
If you have any questions please contact your local pharmacist or speak to a member of staff.
Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- The POD (Prescription Ordering Direct) service. Just call 01952 580350 Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 6.00pm
- Online -Please call the surgery and ask for your personal code to be generated for connection onto Patient Access where you may also book appointments, view a brief summary of your medical records, results and immunisations etc
- In person - hand your repeat slip in at reception with the items required clearly marked.
- At our Holliwell and Priorslee sites there are post boxes at the side of the main entrances. These are checked once a day before morning Surgery.
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
You must allow a minimum of 48hrs for your precription to be processed i.e. If you request your script at 9.00 Monday morning it will not be ready for collection until 9.00 Wednesday morning at the earliest. This does not include the pharmacy dispensing time.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a Doctor, ACP or Practice Nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Remember -Please allow seven full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.